The Inspector General of Police (IGP) Ibrahim Idris has set up special Panel to investigate complaints and allegations credited to the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Navy, Senator Isah Hamma Misau, on various bribery-for-promotion allegations within the Nigerian Police Force (NPF).
The Force Public Relations Officer, Jimoh Moshood, in a statement on Friday, said the Panel is also expected to probe other petitions and complaints emanating from Police Officers on allegations of payment of money for special promotion.
“The Special Investigation Panel has consequently upon the directive of the Inspector General of Police invited Senator Isah Hamma Misau to a meeting to shed more lights and provide more details to the Panel that will assist them to conduct a very discreet investigation into his complaints and allegations, and those of other aggrieved Police officers”, Moshood stated.
He said the Panel amongst other responsibilities has the following terms of reference:
- To investigate the complaints from Senator Isah Hamma Misau on allegations that Police Officers pay bribe for special promotion.
- To investigate other complaints, petitions and grievances from Police Officers within the Force and from other members of the public on allegations of giving money for promotion, either special or otherwise.
- To determine the substance of the complaints, petitions and grievances from aggrieved Police Officers and members of the public on allegations of giving money for special promotion.
- To determine those who were involved
- To recommend appropriate judicial action and other punishments as it is appropriate in line with the provisions of Public Service Rules Section 030401 (j) (k) and other statutory enabling laws/Acts.
- The Panel is to submit reports to the Inspector General of Police within two (2) weeks.
Moshood stressed that to ensure success of the investigation by the Panel, concerned Police Officers and members of the public are to use the following phone numbers, Whatapps and email to submit their petitions and complaints to the panel:
- 08054904443, 08035896648, 08181895582