- Clears doubt on authenticity of 82 released girls
- Girls scared of going back to Chibok, parents
.. Ene Akoh
The Federal Government has revealed its readiness to negotiate for the release of the remaining abducted Chibok school girls if the opportunity comes even if it means exchanging them for captured Boko Haram terrorists.
The Minister of Women Affairs and Social Development, Sen. Aisha Jummai Alhassan, disclosed this on Thursday during a press briefing s in Abuja.
According to Alhassan, negotiations are ongoing for the release of the remaining girls, adding that government is willing and committed to their freedom.
She said: ”If they will release the remaining girls in exchange for their members we will gladly do that and we don’t regret the action.
”If we have our way we will release the other girls tomorrow but unfortunately negotiations is ongoing for the release of the girls and I don’t know how long that would take.”
Alhassan said the 82 girls released recently are already undergoing medical screening, and would afterwards go for psychosocial therapy and refresher courses to enable them fit back to school.
She said pictures of the 82 girls had been sent for their parents to confirm their identification as some have similar names.
The Minister however condemned news making rounds that the newly released 82 girls is a scam, saying the girls are in serious trauma and are being rehabilitated.FREED! 82 Chibok girls released in exchange for Boko Haram prisoners-FG
According to her: ”It is categorically not true that the girls are not the abducted ones, we have sent out their pictures for their biological parents to come identify them and those doubting can also ask the parents afterwards.
”Those spreading the news that the girls are a scam and that is why their parents are denied access to them are not their biological parents”.
”We are in contact with the Chairman of the parents of abducted girls and fortunately the chairman’s daughter is one of the newly released girls.HURIWA calls for full, independent investigation into Chibok girls’ abduction
”Everybody cannot have access to the girls at least not now because they still feel the trauma of their abduction. Allowing unnecessary visit would jeopardize the release of the remaining girls and so we don’t want people to come ask them questions and remind them of the experiences,” she explained.
The minister maintained that there was need to help the girls forget the trauma experience from the bush, and further assured that all the girls will return back to school in the new academic session which will begin by September.Buhari meets 82 Chibok girls…jets-out again for indefinite medical checks
”The girls are scared of going back to Chibok because it’s close to Sambisa forest and so they have been accommodated here in Abuja and are well cared for,” she assured.
It would be recalled that 82 of the girls were released from the den of the Boko Haram terrorists earlier this week.Freedom of 82 Chibok girls, proves Buhari is active… -Shettima
This brings the number of released abducted Chibok school girls under FG’s custody to 102, including four babies.