You are here
Home > Security > Military/Defence > Helpless residents flee, as Boko Haram invade Nigerian community

Helpless residents flee, as Boko Haram invade Nigerian community

Social media sharing

Ibrahim Uba Yusuf 

The residents of Gulak, the headquarters of Madagali Local Government Area (LGA of Adamawa State, North East Nigeria has run for their lives following renewed attacks by Boko Haram terrorists.

Sources disclosed that invading terrorists descended on the helpless community on Monday evening with no security aide in sight.

The Adamawa State Commissioner of Information and Strategy, Ahmad Sajoh, however, clarified that the military later engaged the insurgents in a fierce battle with residents fleeing for their lives.

Sajoh also said that the vigilante group in the town and the hunters association mobilised to assist the military in a bid to repel the attack and gunshots can be heard all over.

Reports indicated that many scared residents have fled the town and are hiding in the bushes, mountains, and hills.

The Chairman of Madagali local government area, Alhaji Mohammed Yusuf, who confirmed the attack described it as “very heavy and likely to result in the loss of lives”.

According to Yusuf, tonight’s attack comes barely 24 hours after two male suicide bombers entered the home of a family in Tsilah village near Madagali and held a woman and her daughter hostage.

Thereafter, they detonated the explosives strapped to their bodies killing both of them, the woman and her baby in the process.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Adamawa State Command, SP Othman Abubakar, when contacted, said he would call back with information.

He has yet to do that, however.

Meanwhile, the Adamawa State Commissioner for Information said the government is monitoring the situation.

Today attack also comes less than 10 days after two female suicide bombers attacked Dar, a village near Gulak.

The first of the two attackers detonated the improvised device strapped to her body around 8 pm on Saturday, October 28, while the second did the same around 7 am on Sunday, October 29.

A woman with an eight-month-old baby strapped to her back was hit by the second attack (on October 29) and lost an eye, while her baby sustained minor injuries in that attack, which is believed to have been targeted at a church.

Credits | Channels TV

Social media sharing

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.