The government officials have said that total of 1490 stranded Nigerians have so far been evacuated from Libya in three batch.
The Head of Media and Public Relations, National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), Mr. Sani Daitti, on Sunday said the first flight lifted 484, the second flight arrived with 446 and the third flight came with 560 persons.
“Besides the last night arrival, more flight are to be expected. Medview would soon join Max Air in air lifting of the Nigerians until the set target of 5,037 is met.
“Meanwhile, state governments have been responding positively in coming to pick their returnees . However, of the states that are yet to come should do so in the interest of their citizens,” Datti stated.
He said that on arrival, the returnees are conveyed to the Reception Center for profiling, refreshments and medical screening.
According to him, all stakeholders are on ground for the operation.
He noted that rehabilitation and Reintegration Team are also on ground and work in progress.
In the same vein, an official of the National Commission for Refugees, Migration and Internally Displaced (NCFRMI) confirmed the arrival of another set of 562 passengers on board Max Air at 11.50 pm on Saturday at Port Harcourt International Airport, Rivers State.
“This a continuation of the Presidential Directive on the return of Nigerian’s from Libya. To date 1343 Nigerian’s have been evacuated as the excersise is still on going. Various Government agencies including NCFRMI were on ground to carry out their agency’s mandate and registration and profiling continued until the early hours of the following day,” she stated.