The Chairman of George Uboh Whistleblowers Network (GUWN), Dr. George Uboh, has linked a former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Malam Nuhu Ribadu in 28 counts corruption allegations in the form of embezzlement, diversion of public funds, and stealing among others.
Uboh at a briefing in Abuja on Tuesday, reeled out the criminal charges upon which Malam Ribadu, the first politician whose dossier he had submitted to all political parties yesterday, could be prosecuted during a press conference he held on Tuesday, July 10, 2018, in Abuja.
The crimes involved the diversion of over 1.9 trillion Naira being funds recovered by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission [EFCC] while he, Malam Ribadu, is in office. [SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS]
The conference is premised against the backdrop of politicians amassing billions of Naira after being elected into office but leaving the electorates, comprising the masses, in abject poverty.
The GUWN, a Civil Society Organization (CSO), chairman who has requisite track record of exposing grand corruption cases in Nigeria, therefore, asked Nigerians to forward list and evidence of corrupt politicians to all political parties in Nigeria.
Uboh advised any political party under which any person alleged to be corrupt is running after receipt of the list and evidence, to tell the aspirant to go and address the allegations of corruption against him/her before seeking election.
Failure to heed to the clarion call, if a party goes ahead to field such politician, he said, it will certainly have lost the confidence and vote of the masses.
Citing Ribadu as case study, he said that politicians with allegations of corruption must no longer be allowed to contest for public offices.
It could be recalled that Nuhu Ribadu contested the Adamawa State gubernatorial election in 2015 but lost to Senator Umar Jibril Bindow.
Also, George Uboh urged political parties to be proactive in weeding such politicians out.
CRIMINAL CHARGES AGAINST MALLAM NUHU RIBADU
1) That you Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, during your tenure as EFCC executive chairman, between the years 2003-2007, recovered the sum of N989 Billion as proceeds from financial crimes but declared only N142 Billion, there concealing the recovery of the proceeds from financial crimes of N847 Billion as later confirmed by your successor Mrs. Farida Waziri on or about December 4, 2016.
2) That you Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, during your tenure as EFCC executive chairman, between the years 2003-2007, conspired with your director of operations, Mr. Ibrahim Lamorde, to stash away recovered proceeds of financial crimes in several unofficial accounts operated by you between 200-2007, which enabled you to divert the sum of N142 Billion in breach of EFCC establishment act, 2004 and extant laws.
3) That you Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, during your tenure as EFCC executive chairman, between the years 2003-2007, conspired with Unity bank Plc to divert the proceeds of two bank cheques in September 2005 valued at 80,407,332.23 and N586,211,466.95 totaling N1,166,618,799:18, which you purportedly claimed to have transferred to the CBN but which the CBN did not reflect in the EFCC recovery account with it.
4) That you Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, during your tenure as EFCC executive chairman, between the years 2003-2007, conspired with Mr. Ibrahim Lamorde (then your director operations), Mr. Ibrahim Magu who interrogated and exhibited Tafa Balogun’s assets, Spring bank of Nigeria Plc now Mainstreet Bank and Access Bank Plc, to divert the sum of N779,155,004:62, being part of Tafa Balogun’s forfeited funds in various accounts in Spring Bank, which should have been transferred as N3,037,255,521:60 from Spring Bank but Access Bank recorded a receipt of only N2,258,100,516:98.
5) That you Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, conspired with Mr. Ibrahim Lamorde and Diya Fatimilehin & Co (Estate Surveyors), to divert the sum of N875 Million vide GT Bank cheque No. 10608377 of 29/1/2007, being part of the proceeds from the disposal of assets forfeited by Tafa Balogun in 2006.
6) That you Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, conspired with Mr. Ibrahim Lamorde and Unity Bank Plc in or around September, 2005 to divert the proceeds of Three (3) Bond Bank draft nos. 00032632, 00032633 and 00032634 valued at
7) That you Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, at some time in 2004, diverted the sum of N31,800,000:00 being bribe money you claimed was offered to you by Emmanuel Ofulue, Barr. Obum Ogakwe and Amaka Anajemba on the Emmanuel Nwude’s case. The said amount is not traceable to any recovery account operated by EFCC during your tenure.
8) That you Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, conspired with Mr. Ibrahim Lamorde, Diya Fatimilehin & Co (estate surveyors), to
understate and conceal the actual number of real estate properties seized from Tafa Balogun in 2006 and the number
sold, having seized 20 real properties but declared only 10 real properties; having sold 18 real properties but declared that you sold only 9 and by so doing concealed and diverted over N2.0 Billion that should have been remitted to the consolidate Revenue Fund (CRF) since 2006.
9) That you Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, during your tenure as EFCC executive chairman, between the years 2003-2007, conspired with your director of operations, Mr. Ibrahim Lamorde and other headships of the EFCC investigation units to cause some seized/recovered funds from criminal activities to be transferred to your office to the tone of N395 Million, contrary to the EFCC establishment Act and other extant laws which require you to transfer recovered funds to the CRF.
10) That you Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, during your tenure as EFCC executive chairman, between the years 2003-2007, conspired with some persons indicted for financial crimes and some banks to derive financial benefits from some monetary instruments in cheques and bank drafts and thereafter dumped in your exhibit rooms, the cheques and Bank drafts valued at over N3.4 Billion as stale and thereafter worthless. This facts is contained in a report of an internal committee in EFCC set up by your successor, mrs.Farida Waziri in 2009.
11) That you Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, conspired with same person in Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to withdraw illegally the sum of over N814 Million Naira from an account which you knew then to be non-chequing and only transferable to the consolidated Revenue Fund (CRF).
12) That you Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, as the executive chairman of EFCC claimed to have recovered the sum of N55,000,000.00 in cash from Professor Fabian Osuji about March 2005 and claimed to have lodged the said amount of N55,000,000.00 into EFCC recovery Account domiciled with Intercity Bank PLC, now Unity Bank PLC, on 3/4/2006. The said amount which you kept for more than one year (21/3/2005 to 3/4/2006) is not traceable to the said account as you may have diverted same.
13) That you Mallam Nuhu Ribadu as executive Chairman of EFCC conspired with Mr. Ibrahim Lamorde, your Director of Operations then and some other persons, to divert the sum N609,35,626.54, being amount you claimed was remitted to the FGN/CBN on 10/7/2008 after more than 3 years and which is not traceable to such account in CBN.
14) That you Mllam Nuhu Ribadu, as executive chairman EFCC, conspired with the former Governor of CBN, Professor Chukwuma Charle Soludo and Mr. Ibrahim Lamorde to divert the sum of over N22 Billion belonging to 13 Companies owned by one Mr. Patrick S. Fernandez.
15) That you Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, as executive chairman of EFCC, conspired with some persons in the Nigerian Customs Service (NCS) under the guise of Presidential Task Force on Port Decongestion in 2005 to divert the sum of N44.522 Billion, an amount that has not been duly accounted for up to date.
16) That you Mallam Nuhu Ribadu as the executive chairman of EFCC, sometime in April 2006, diverted the sum of N200,000,000.00 through the executive secretary of PTDF vide an account with Intercity Bank Plc, now Unity Bank.
17) That you Mllam Nuhu Ribdu, as executive chairman of EFCC, claimed to have recovered the sum of N8,183,969,961.72 from the sale of 733,264,280 units of Afribank Plc shares belonging to Delta State Government and released the said amount on May 22, 2007 to an unknown person.
18) That you Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, as executive chairman of EFCC, diverted the under listed recovered funds, totaling
N2.676 Billion by claiming that the funds were released to persons you could not identify as confirmed by your director of operations then Mr. Ibrahim Lamorde.
19) That you Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, while you held sway as executive chairman of EFCC between 2003-2007, conspired with GT Bank in 2007 to divert the under listed cheques and drafts valued at N7,684 Billion
GTB draft No. 00074139 dated 24/10/2007 609,435,626.54
GTB draft No. 00001104,00001105,00127508
GTB draft No 00001103 dated 24/9/2007
GTB draft No.00127171 dated 24/9/2007
GTB draft No.002 dated 29/01/2007
20) That you Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, as executive chairman of EFCC, conspired with Ibrahim Lamorde about the year 2006, to conceal the details of shares in Skye Bank Plc, forfeited by Tafa Balogun, which you not only failed to disclose the number but only assigned arbitrary amounts to them totaling N310,001,888.00, which you also falsely claimed to have remitted to the FGN/CBN as said funds are not traceable to the said accounts.
Shares converted to cash (Skye) 160,051,888
Shares converted to cash (Skye) 17,500,000
Shares converted to cash (Skye) 132,450,000
21) That you Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, during your tenure as EFCC executive chairman between the years 2003 and 2007, conspired with one Mustapha Abba Gana, to use the platform of one EFCC recovery account in Unity Bank Plc to launder the sum of N25,800,000 on 7/05/2007 through forex purchase.
22) That you Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, during your tenure as EFCC executive chairman, between the years 2003-2007, conspired with your director operations Mr. Ibrahim Lamorde, one Nagberi Helen and Unity Bank Plc, to steal the sum of N5,184,780 through a counter cheque on 16/10/2007, a transaction which you did approve, knowing fully well that the said account is “nonchequing” hence only transferable to victim of crime or CRF of the FGN.
23) That you Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, sometime in 2005, diverted the sum of N426,974,288.40 out of the N964,803,481.20 recovered from Basil Okolie and others. When you held sway as the executive chairman of the EFCC, you recovered the sum of N964,803,481.20 from Basil Okolie & others on behalf of some Asian nationals. Although you refunded the sum of $4,481,909.94 USD, an equivalent of N537,829,192.80 to the victims named Vivian & Juliana Ching, you were unable to account for the balance of N426,974,288.40 as the said amount is not traceable to any EFCC recovery account maintained by the EFCC.
24) That you Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, during your tenure as EFCC executive chairman, between 16/08/2007 and 31/10/2007, conspired with your director of operations Mr. Ibrahim Lamorde and Unity Bank Plc to divert the sums of $52,200 USD and $5,000 USD being sums laundered by you and accomplices through EFCC recovery/domiciliary account no. 20411933802004100.
25) That you Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, during your tenure as EFCC executive chairman, between the years 2003-2007, conspired with your director of operations Mr. Ibrahim Lamorde to divert the sum of 32 Million Euros and $32,288,00 USD which you confirmed were recovered in 2006 but the amounts are not traceable to any EFCC recovery account.
26) That you mallam Nuhu Ribadu, recovered funds from politicians and government agencies between 2003 and 2007 but conspired with your director of operations Mr. Ibrahim Lamorde to conceal the recovered funds as there are not traceable to any EFCC recovery account. You confirmed to the entire world on page 28 of “zero tolerance” magazine that the under listedrecoveries were made between 2003 and June 2006 totaling N10,418,798,447.82.
Institution Amount Recovered in Naira Banks 727,919,064 Non-oil sector coys 941,613,423,.82
Oil sector coys 2,249,265,960
States and LGs 6,500,000,000
27) That you Mallam Nuhu Ribadu conspired with your director of operations Mr. Ibrahim Lamorde to divert and indeed
diverted the funds recovered from Joshua Dariye while serving as the Governor of Plateau State. Lamorde released the sum of N105,827,614 to Plateau State Government on 23/11/2011 vide EFCC account with CBN which never received any fund.
28) That you Mallam Nuhu Ribadu conspired with your director of operations Mr. Ibrahim Lamorde between 2005 and 2007 to conceal the actual recoveries from the Emmanuel Nwude’s case having recovered over N12.6 Billion. You handed over the sum of $17 Million USD to Sakaguchi (the victim of the crime), but failed to remit over $5 Million USD seized and recovered from Nwude in a Switzerland account back to the FGN, among other unremitted funds.
“We hereby attach the allegations against Mallam Nuhu Ribadu.
The allegations are so weighty and evidence so voluminous that
we have reduced them into criminal charges with specificity.
Click here to Download Allegations on Mallam Nuhu Ribadu
goo.gl/XdYzsH”, Uboh said.