Atleast 58 citizens and security agents have lost their lives in violent attacks across the country, while 143 terrorists and other criminal sect have been killed in the last one week across Nigeria.
A total of 42 persons were abducted by Bandits in Maru, Zamfara State, whithin the same period under review, from 19th to 25th September.
This was disclosed on Monday in the Nigeria Weekly Tracker conducted by former US Ambassador to Nigeria, Mr. John Campbell, via Council on Foreign Relations (CFR).
The update represents political violence in Nigeria and violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger.
According to the tracker, about 28 cituzens were killed by gunmen, herdsmen and terrorists , while others were lost in communal clashes.
Also, 30 security men which includes soldiers and policemen were killed in battle by terrorists, bandits and other gunmen.
Read the original article:
Nigeria Security Tracker Weekly Update: September 19-25
Blog Post by John Campbell
Below is a visualization and description of some of the most significant incidents of political violence in Nigeria from September 19 to September 25, 2020. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in the Nigeria Security Tracker.
- September 19: Bandits kidnapped forty-two people in Maru, Zamfara.
- September 19: Police officers killed two robbers in Suleja, Niger state.
- September 19: Communal violence led to four deaths in Awka South, Anambra.
- September 20: Nigerian soldiers killed three civilians in Andoni, Rivers.
- September 20: Boko Haram killed seven Nigerian soldiers in Damboa, Borno while “many/scores” (estimated at twenty) of Boko Haram militants were killed.
- September 20: Suspected herdsmen killed five in Guma, Benue.
- September 20: Gunmen killed two soldiers and one police officer while two of the attackers were killed during a clash in Ukwa West, Abia.
- September 22: Military air strikes killed “several” (estimated at ten) Boko Haram militants in Bama, Borno.
- September 23: Nigerian troops killed “several” (estimated at ten) Boko Haram commanders in Kukawa, Borno.
- September 23: Communal violence led to two deaths in Izzi, Ebonyi.
- September 24: Suspected herdsmen killed five in Jos South, Plateau.
- September 24: Nigerian troops killed twenty-one bandits and lost three soldiers in Faskari, Katsina.
- September 24: Chadian troops killed twenty Boko Haram militants in Barkalam and Bilabrim, Chad.
- September 24: Air strikes killed “several” (estimated at ten) Boko Haram militants in Ngala, Borno.
- September 25: Air strikes killed “scores” (estimated at forty) of Boko Haram militants in Bama, Borno.
- September 25: Boko Haram killed twelve police officers, five soldiers, four militia members, and nine civilians in Kukawa, Borno.
- September 25: Nigerian troops killed two kidnappers in Nasarawa, Nasarawa.
- September 25: Nigerian troops killed two bandits in Takum, Taraba.
Credits | CFR