The Defence Headquarters (DHQ), have alerted Nigerians that ‘Defense News Nigeria’ and/or @DefenseNigeria are not official news outlets of the Armed Forces of Nigeria.
The DHQ made this disclaimer following a report authored by the ‘Defense News Nigeria’, on the “acquisition of 8 state-of-the-art armed attack drones last week”, which it dismissed as misleading.
Major General John Enenche, Coordinator, Defence Media Operations (DMO), who made this known in a statement on Friday, said though the report contains some factual elements, it also contains several inaccuracies as well as faulty analysis on the status of relations between Nigeria and its international allies in the fight against insurgency.
“Ordinarily, the Defence Headquarters (DHQ) would not have responded to such report since the individual is a private entity with no links whatsoever to the DHQ or the Armed Forces of Nigeria (AFN). However, for the benefit of the general public and our international partners, it is necessary to reiterate that”, the coordinator said.
“The views expressed in this piece/tweet and others in the blog/Twitter handle are the personal opinions of the writer(s) and do not reflect the position of the AFN or the Federal Government of Nigeria”, je added.
He therefore called on members of the public to treat the publication with caution and to note the DHQ’s official social media handles given below: a. Website: www.defenceinfo.mil.Ng b. Twitter: @DefenceInfoNG and @ defencemediaops c.Facebook:Defence Headquarters Nigeria and Directorate of Defence Media Operations d.Instagram: defencehq and defence_media_operations