At least 101 persons including security personnel were killed in violent attacks across Nigeria in the last one week, the latest update by Nigeria Security Tracker has shown.
According to the report, no fewer than 22 persons were abducted within the period. These attacks were largely perpetrated by Terrorists, Gunemen and other criminals.
However, no fewer than 31 bandits, Boko Haram terrorists, Members of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) were killed by security forced within the period from April 30 to May 6, 2022.
Below is a description of some of the most significant incidents of violence in Nigeria. This update also represents violence related to Boko Haram in Cameroon, Chad, and Niger. These incidents are included in
• April 30: Three gunmen and one soldier were killed during a clash in Anaocha, Anambra.
• April 30: Police officers killed five kidnappers in Ovia North-East, Edo.
• April 30: Gunmen killed two soldiers in Imo (no exact location given).
• April 30: Bandits killed five and kidnapped twenty in Wase, Plateau.
• May 1: A gang fight led to eight deaths in Agege, Lagos.
• May 2: Gunmen killed one police officer and two civilians in Nnewi South Local Government Area (LGA) and four civilians in Ekwusigo LGA in Anambra.
• May 2: The Combined Joint Task Force – Horn of Africa (JTF) killed ten bandits in Rafi, Niger.
• May 2: Herdsmen killed one farmer in Ibarapa Central, Oyo.
• May 3: Boko Haram killed nine in Chibok, Borno.
• May 3: One police officer and two Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB)/Eastern Security Network (ESN) militants were killed during a clash in Oguta, Imo.
• May 4: Two bombers accidentally killed themselves during an attack on an oil firm in Oguta, Imo.
• May 4: Nigerian soldiers killed four gunmen in Aba, Abia.
• May 4: Kidnappers abducted two in Emuoha, Rivers.
• May 4: Three were killed during a clash in Gombe, Gombe.
• May 5: Herdsmen killed eight in Bassa, Plateau
• May 5: Six Boko Haram militants were killed by their own planted improvised explosive devices (IEDs) in Biu, Borno.
• May 6: Bandits killed fifty-six in Bakura, Zamfara.