Mon. Sep 26th, 2022

The Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Police Command has confirmed that there was an attack Efab Mini-Estate inside the bigger Genuine Estate in the early hours of Monday.

It was reported that unknown gunmen suspected to be bandits invaded the estate  between 1am to 4am and abducted an unconfirmed number of residents. According to a report, the gunmen showed up in large numbers armed with bows, arrows and machetes.

A resident at the Galadima area confirmed to BusinessDay on the condition of anonymity that some gunmen invaded the estate and carted away with valuables. According to her,  about 20 armed men ivaded the estate targeting politicians.

However, the Public Relations Officer (PRO) of FCT Police Command, Josephine Adeh, said it was a burglary incident and not a case of abduction.

“The only situation was a burglary incident we recorded in Galadima around Queens Efab Estate. There was burglary and we quickly went there. We made some recoveries. Some phones and laptops were recovered.

“Nobody was kidnapped, nobody was injured,” she said in a statement.

“The Command wishes to set the records straight that on the 6th June, 2022, a distress call was received from Queens Efab Estate, Karsana, Galadima Area that there was an ongoing armed robbery operation.

“Operatives of the Command attached to Galadima Divisional Headquarters swiftly responded and upon arrival at the Estate, the robbers took to their heels. The gallant operatives however gave them a chase which led to them abandoning some items they had already stolen including some phones and laptops,” she further stated.

Nigeria’s capital territory has witnessed an upsurge in insecurity in recent times. FCT Director, Administration’s Security Services Department, Abdul-lateef Bello had said that the security architecture of the territory has been overstretched.

The attack is coming barely after the attack at a Catholic church in Owo, Ondo state which left dozens dead.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.